April 9, 2008

Viking helm: part X

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10

Hello all,

Well, it's complete. I finished the helm a couple weeks ago, but it took me a while to add the chinstrap, and far be it from me to call something finished when it is only virtually so. Also, the pictures here following are far better than the previous few, and show better the overall look.









I made the buckle myself as well, from a piece of coat hanger wire, and a bit of 16 gauge wire for the tongue.

At the moment I have virtually no projects I am currently working on. I am finishing up a seam on my medieval shirt, and I recently finished my braies (pictures will follow in time), but I haven't started anything from scratch.

However, I have a number of projects that I will work on: hosen, trousers, another Viking helm, eventually Viking shoes. That's just the stuff for which I already have the materials.

Anyway, until next project,

Peter Koby

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
How much is it?
I will plan that i buy one!

Thank you!

Qzurr