May 22, 2008

Romano-Briton helm: part V


Hello,

More work done. I applied a second coat of paint to the skull of the helm. I finished the earholes.

I also added the straps to the cheekplates:



And then I tested them in the helm:



Before I attach the buckles to which those straps will attach, I have to make the buckles, as well as protective plates to prevent 'strap cutting' (ironic for a helm intended for foam-fighting). Then, when those are finished, I will rivet the buckles, plates, and suspension liner all in one go.

Here are those protective plates.



The thin ones are sandwiched between the wide ones and the browband, extending past the edge of the browband to protect the straps. I'll get pictures of that when they're finished, which will probably make more sense.

Till next time,


No comments: