June 2, 2008

Saex & sheath


Hello,

This is a project that I did swiftly and with few pictures. The saex is made from a cheap WalMart machete, with an antler handle, and the sheath is obviously leather and brass.

Here's the basic shape, with the beginning of some tooling (to be honest, a rather useless picture):



Here is the sheath with tooling complete:



And in the sun, to show off the texture:



This is the tip of the sheath, showing how it's sewn:



And these are the belt loops:



Here's the sheath after I added the brass edge. The brass protects the top edge, as well as removing the possibility of the blade cutting through stitching.



And with saex:



I then dyed it. This is Fiebing's Medium Brown dye; rather dark, in my opinion.



I then highlighted the tooling by watering down some paint, and filling in the crevices:



That's it. That's another finished project.


1 comment:

The Movie Maker said...

Dude, that is beautiful! Love it!