I'm back! It's been over two weeks since I've last posted, which I can blame mostly on two things:
a) I'm lazy, and I haven't been working on more than one project at a time.
b) School started, and I've been studying for the first time ever.
Now that I'm back in 'the groove', I've started working on my latest project, which is a pair of shoes, based off of this example. It's a commission, and the person purchasing has a Dutch persona, thus the Dutch shoes.
I started with the basic pattern used on my last pair of shoes (here), only sized up to a size 15 (!).
Here are the four pieces cut out:
Here is the first shoe after a good bit of sewing:
And here is a very bright picture trying to demonstrate the detail of the stitching:
I intend to take some pictures of the finished product with a size comparison, so you can get an idea just how big these things are (no offense, Thomas Z.).
I would also like to mention just how loyal my visitors are; over the past couple weeks, I've averaged at least 20 visitors a day. Last time I stopped posting, it only averaged about nine. Thanks, guys.