June 3, 2008

Viking shoes: part I


Hail!

This is a pair of shoes based off of a find in York, which, although intended for myself, do not fit, and which I am selling.

Here is the stitching last I made (which I ended up only using as a surface on which to work):



And with a sole tacked onto it:



Here are a series of pictures illustrating how they are stitched, from start to finish:













And the finished pair:





I shall finish them by adding a tie or toggle, and waxing the pair.


3 comments:

Sonia said...

Me encantan. Gracias por el tutorial

Reidmad said...

Very nice - love them. I am born close to Lofotr Viking museum in Norway - hope to find some shoes like this here in Norway as I am going to be a volunteer again nextcæ year.

Anonymous said...

Looking to make a pair, how did you get all the measurements? If I'd like to make a pair after my own measurements.