September 27, 2008

Viking tunic: part II


Hello,

Whaddaya know; I've finally done some work on this blasted thing.

Basically, I've been doing the same thing since last time, that is, hemming down the seams on the inside to prevent fraying. Here's a picture showing the inside of the tunic, with the gore and sleeve on display:



After finishing all the seam sewing, I finally got around to cutting the neck hole, also known as the first time I could try the thing on.



Then I hemmed that too:



Then I hemmed the cuffs of the sleeves:



All that's left now is to hem the lower edge of the tunic.

So, until I do that, and then take pictures of the final garment,

3 comments:

The Movie Maker said...

Gosh that material looks purdy! I need to get me some, you happy with it? Can't wait to see everything together!

Peter K. said...

This material is really nice. The only thing is, it frays a lot (pretty large weave), so you have to hem everything down. But it's cheap, it's comfortable, and it's definitely cooler than wool.

Anonymous said...

This material is looking good.! Looking forward to see the tunic when you finish it.